Job Title : Finance Officer /NOB - Goma (RD Congo)
Requisition # 16002 - Posted 06/02/2017 - Fixed Term - Africa, Southern - Congo, the Democratic Republic of the - Goma - (English ; French) - FINANCE
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a Finance Officer post at NOB level, based in WFP DR Congo, Goma Area Office. If you are a Congolese, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you !
To support the stewardship of WFP’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, analyzing, reporting and providing core administrative support to enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Advise and support the Head of Area Office on financial and administrative matters ;
2. Ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
3. Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of WFP’s financial resources ;
4. Provide regular and ad hoc financial information to support informed financial decision making
5. Propose, develop and implement financial policies and procedures ;
6. Set up proper accounting procedures and systems, internal controls to ensure that proper monitoring mechanisms are in place ; Identify weaknesses and address them immediately ;
7. Ensure that bank reconciliations for WFP accounts are regularly performed and regularly reviewed by designated officials ;
8. Perform oversight functions as directed by the head of Area Office ;
9. Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation ;
10. Ensure proper maintenance of vendor accounts and timely clearance of outstanding advances and other receivables ;
11. Coordinate financial closure for entrusted impress accounts ;
12. Respond to audit queries and follow up on audit recommendations ;
13. Ensure efficient local banking arrangements and compliance with local financial and banking regulations ;
14. Implement WFP official systems in the office ;
15. Ensure integrity and consistency of data in WFP financial and accounting systems ;
16. Draft correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to budgetary and financial matters/services and recommend changes in ensure services aligned with changing business needs and objectives.
17. Other as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
At least three years of postgraduate. Progressively responsible job related experience in Finance and administration. Hands on experience in UN or NGO administrative management environments will be an asset
Fluency (level C) in French - Ability to work in English (writing / speaking)
Nationality : Be a National of Democratic Republique of Congo
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commission website : http://icsc.un.org (link : http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/demrepco.htm
|DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS||:||17 February 2017|
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates should complete their applications on-line on WFP website : http://www.wfp.org/careers by clicking on “View Job Opportunities” and jobs of interest. Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Fighting Hunger Worldwide