World Vision : Finance & Support Services Director- Ghana and Sierra Leone
[ 23-11-2016 ]
Finance & Support Services Director- Ghana and Sierra Leone
||Africa - Senegal|
|Application Deadline Date :
||Fixed term, Full-time|
|International Role :
||Apply Online For This Job|
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
Provide overall leadership, oversight and management support for all aspects of financial management in the National Offices in the Hub. This position is seen as a strategic partner, member of the Senior Management/Leadership Team of the National Offices, with a focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis and advices, as well as developing financial strategy that best serves the National Offices strategic and program objectives. The position is responsible for institutional capacity strengthening, the development and implementation of good internal controls, risk management, and utilization and safeguarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
Provide strong, effective and efficient leadership to the Supply Chain teams by ensuring procurement of organizational resources be most economically.
Provide Strong, effective and efficient leadership to the ICT team by ensuring that the office has reliable, sufficient connectivity and that the organization’s information systems and resources are protected.
Provide overall leadership to the Administration function ensuring that the national office is effectively supported and staff have a clean, secure and hospitable place to work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Leadership, Capacity Development and Strategic Partnering :
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance and support services departments ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Ensure professional and personal development of finance and support services staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, procurement, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.) ; and succession planning.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Actively participate in the Hub NOs Senior Management/ Leadership team meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic regional meetings.
- Facilitate NDs, Operations, Board and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff, Communities, Local Partners and Board, as appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs and partnership entities) and externally (other NGOs, banking entities, communities, etc.) through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Promote shared resource within the region, and the partnership.
- Ensure adherence to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures are in place and are being followed through :
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services.
Financial Planning and Budgeting :
- In collaboration with other Directors of the Hub NOs, advise NDs on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with Regional Working Group /Virtual Investment Review recommendations approved by the Regional Leader.
- Lead the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met.
- Review alignment of budgets between the National Offices, projects, grants, MyPBAS and Support Offices.
- Ensure control of NOs budget, cash flow and project funding, by providing timely and relevant information to budget managers, in collaboration with the Operations Leaders.
- Contribute to the development of strategic direction and priorities of the NOs in the Hub.
Fiscal Accounting, Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting :
- Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Ensure the submission of timely, accurate, complete and relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
- Design and ensure implementation of efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Ensure adherence to partnership policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the WVI Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to : grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, carryforward,
- Accounting and reporting.
- Ensure Finance and Grants Finance Managers visit Programs/Projects to monitor accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings and provide support as needed.
Financial Risk Management and Controls :
- Ensure appropriate financial systems and controls are in place to avoid significant audit risk ratings in finance and support services at both NOs and project levels.
- Ensure the coordination of management responses to finance and support services audits performed at the NOs and projects ; ensure responses are sent on time to the Audit Department ; and that finance and support services related audit
- Recommendations are implemented timely at all levels.
- Ensure adequate preparation for internal and external audits.
- Ensure all staff receive anti-corruption and fraud training, to mitigate fraud in all locations.
Supply Chain Management :
- Coordinate and ensure an optimal interface between the supply chain and business units for efficient customer service delivery.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of key policies and procedures relating to supply chain, administration and logistics.
Improve ICT infrastructure and provide quality Service :
- Ensure well-functioning office/programs connectivity.
- Ensure the development and adherence to computer usage and other ICT policies.
IT Security and Integrity :
- Ensure office disaster preparedness and policies updated to include new technologies, trends and threats.
- Ensure that WV staff and assets are secured, safe and well maintained ; oversee logistics coordination.
- Ensure that WV provides quality hospitality services to staff and visitors
- Oversee transportation/Logistics.
- Responsible for vehicle procurement, management and maintenance.
Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or Accounting. Professional qualification such as CPA/CIMA/ACCA or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management or other applicable field to financial compliance.
- Proven experience in working with grant related projects in implementing government grant regulations and capacity building.
- Deep understanding of NGO finance environment and models of program /project delivery ; experience in managing complex funding arrangements.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with diverse group of stakeholders to implement partnership initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for large INGO.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural and diverse teams to achieve results.
- International work experience or exposure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and able to lead in devotions and Chapel services.
- Certificate in Fraud Examiner.
- Excellent in written and spoken English. French would be added advantage.
- Understanding of international accounting standards and government grant regulations.
- Strong time management skills, responsive and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Technical skills in IT/Finance related to financial systems (SunSystems), OLAP Cube, Horizon, Lotus Notes, eLearning & capacity building and wv-central.
- Understanding of program/project management within NGO context.
- Experience in preparing and facilitating large group meetings.
- Good information presentation skills.
Working Environment/Travel :
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.