World Vision : Regional Resource Acquisition and Management Director - Dakar
[ 23-11-2016 ]
Regional Resource Acquisition and Management Director
||Africa - Senegal|
|Application Deadline Date :
||Fixed term, Full-time|
|International Role :
||Apply Online For This Job|
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
To support the National Offices in increasing and diversifying bilateral, multilateral, major foundations, private-public partnerships, GIK non-food items, corporates and grants income, by providing over strategic direction in line with Regional and National Offices strategies.
To build relationships, capacity and collaboration to effectively grow the portfolio, ensure effective pipeline and win rate to meet programming needs. To facilitate and coordinate effective internal processes of the management of grants, compliance requirements and reporting to ensure increased refunding and established internal ratings.
Purpose of the Unit :
The Resource Acquisition Management (RAM) unit aims to support the National Offices in their overall effort to mobilize an appropriate and sustainable funding base, better match strategic intent with available funding opportunities, growing the overall grants portfolio and non-sponsorship funding. The RAM will also support National Offices (NOs) to meet their promise and commitments to donors by ensuring timely implementation of grant funded projects.
The RAM unit will support and (where appropriate) lead donor/partnership building, acquisition of resources and support appropriate proposal designs ensuring alignment with the West Africa Region (WAR) strategy.
Key objectives for the RAM :
Strategy and Leadership :
- Review and implement the current RAM strategic priorities to ensure alignment with NO and Regional Office (RO) strategy and strategic initiatives, taking an integrated approach with Technical Teams and Support Offices (SOs) to ensure an effective pipeline. Respond to NO needs and plans.
- Create mechanisms and tools to identify funding opportunities matched against Regional Office (RO) and NO strategies to effectively pre-position with donors and peer agencies.
Mentoring and Coaching :
- Build capacity of NO RAM Managers and HUBs to enhance Resource acquisition & management, supporting proposal design, writing, submission and implementation as appropriate.
Grant Management :
- Assure effective grant management and compliance to invest in long-term donor partnerships and support audit and finance to ensure compliance.
Collaborations and Learning :
- Build close cooperation with other WAR departments, Technical Units, NOs, Support Offices (SO) and key stakeholders within and external to World Vision to work together to develop and implement resource acquisition strategy. Share learning, innovations and better practices across the region and GAM CoP.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Strategy and Leadership :
- Provide day to day leadership and management to the Regional Resource Acquisition and Management team and seconded staff. Manage the RAM team to ensure effective support to NOs and geographic representation of donors.
- Develop and lead the implementation of a resource development strategy for the region in alignment with NO needs, strategic initiatives and contribution to CWB targets.Maintain an overview of regional grant funding and resource development opportunities and issues.
- Represent the Region in both internal/external resource mobilization activities, such as donor meetings, WebEx, Skype calls, meetings etc.
- Assist NOs in setting up vibrant RAM teams and structures and ensure that competent staff are recruited. Coordinate the RAM Hub in West Africa.
- To stimulate and provide strategic direction for NOs to pursue non-traditional funding sources, identifying emerging or untapped high potential donors.
- Participate in strategic regional donor meetings with foundations, bilateral and multilateral institutions etc.
- Where appropriate lead and coordinate analysis on emerging models for such as : PPP, , Impact Investing – Social (Development) Impact Bonds, Contracting/Tendering.
- Advise NOs on appropriate strategies with these models.
- Forster coordination with WAR Technical Units, other Directorates and SOs to build shared ownership in Resource acquisition.
- Support local Resource Acquisition and branding, in conjunction with Communications.
- Lead efficient issue resolution across NOs/SOs as needed.
- Lead team planning, ensuring efficient and effective deployment of staff time and talent to support NOs and achieve team objectives.
Pre-positioning & Donor Engagement :
- Identify key relationships to strengthen national and regional positioning and elevate WV’s profile with peer agencies, government, foundations, multilateral, private sector and donors.
- Work with NOs and SOs to develop a sustainable pipeline of grants.
- Work with and through National Offices and in collaboration with SOs IPG colleagues, to maintain strong donor relationships at regional and country level, developing engagement strategies for each donor or a group of donors.
- Build cross functional team support to NOs for proposals development, including Technical Units.
- Provide technical support to NOs during prepositioning meetings with bilateral, multilaterals, foundations, Public Private Partners, etc.
- Monitor the donor competitive landscape, and circulate funding forecasts to NOs to enable them to organize prepositioning meetings with donors.
- Provide support and guidance to NOs in development of capacity statements to be utilized during prepositioning meetings with donors.
- Circulate funding forecasts to NOs and support them to identify and capture new grant funded opportunities.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the requirements of current potential regional donors and be proactive in the lookout for opportunities for regional donors etc.
- Research, analyze, develop, and track relationships with new and current donors at regional level and share information with NOs.
- In conjunction with Regional Communications department, develop key marketing material and external audience mapping to assist RO/NOs to preposition WV.
- Coordinate the Dakar Hub and ensure WV entities based in Dakar coordinate all their external engagement activities with donors, regional bodies, academic institutions, corporates, NGOS and other stakeholders.
Mentoring and Coaching :
- Support capacity building of RAM units at RO/NO level, including technical staff.
- Providing support to NOs to develop RAM Business plans.
- Strengthen capacities in grants-related and resource mobilization areas at regional and country level through capacity building, mentoring, coaching etc.
- Lead, manage and provide capacity building support to employees in the RAM department, & seconded staff by ensuring clear goals and accountabilities are established and achieved.
- Ensure individuals’ performance and development needs are met, and employees are high performing and engaged.
- Engage in NO GAM staff hiring processes. Depending on size of grant, profile and donor requirement, work with P&C to hire high performing staff (.i.e. chief of party, etc.)
- Identify capacity gaps at NOs in grants acquisition and management and other factors leading to poor win rates and grants implementation and work with SOs and NO leadership to address them.
Grants Management & Compliance :
- Provide guidance to regional and country programs to ensure consistency with strategy.
- Monitoring of regional and NO grants portfolios, targets and grant management/implementation. Define and review RO/NO fundraising targets.
- Track, monitor and ensure successful grant and contract management and fulfillment, in accordance with donor requirements to increase refunding rates. Assist NOs in start-up workshops.
- Produce systematic performance indicator reporting to inform management as to progress, roadblocks, and other relevant performance details.
- Track and map key grant implementation ensuring burn rate is at acceptable levels.
- Work with NOs to ensure quarterly reporting and that all GNOD indicators are in green.
- Liaise with National Offices, Support Offices to ensure that grants implementation issues have been resolved including Grants audit issues.
- Coordinate with Support Offices and National Offices to ensure on time submission of key grant document as per the agreement (semi & annual reports, mid-term and final evaluation reports, quarterly financial report etc.) and a successful close out of large scale grants.
- Support NOs in making the Go/no go decision and integrating the process with the “Risk Assessment for Grant Approval Form.”
- Work with other WAR Units to ensure support to NOs upon receiving large grants that they have the appropriate systems and absorption capacity.
- Build relationships and credibility with donors at the regional level, using previous success and documented best practices in grant management.
- Depending on size of grant, profile and donor requirement, work with P&C to hire high performing staff (i.e. Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party etc.)
Collaborations and Learning :
- Enhance constructive collaboration with GC, WAR departments, Technical Units, SOs, Global capitals, NO’s, regional institutional donors and organizations at regional and country level, both on local and international based resource acquisition.
- In collaboration with key Support Offices, promote Operations Research, continuous learning at regional level and NOs levels. Share learning, innovations and better practices across the region and GAM CoP.
- Building relationships with NO grants departments and also build partnerships with external actors – (I)NGOs, institutional donors, other (sub) regional organizations’Universities and corporates.
- Facilitate stronger SO/RO /NO cooperation/collaboration in grant acquisition and management.
- Ensure RAM is contributing to CWB reporting and breaking silos between sponsorship and grants.
- Active engagement in GAM CoP.
- In collaboration with the RSDO and RL, represent WAR in strategic forums that could enhance WV’s profile and engagement.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the SDO Director.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Bachelor Degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development or any related field. Master’s Degree in Development, Social Science, Management or other field applicable to developing country context preferred.
- Leadership capabilities that includes coaching staff to high level of performance & engaging in effective cross cultural & cross functional working to achieve shared goals and effective indirect line management.
- Experienced networker with an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in the humanitarian sector.
- Proven experience in development work with a thorough understanding of sustainable development and sectoral interventions.
- At least 5 years of team management experience, preferably from a National Office.
- Previous experience at IPG would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
- Strong organization and delegation abilities ; high performance and quality standards ; negotiation skills ; ability to motivate teams and inspire teamwork.
- Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring and supervising grant staff.
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership preferred and ability to interface sensitively with people from various departments in both field and support offices.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level with bilateral and multilateral donors, IO and INGO etc.
- Ability to manage donor expectations.
- Strong team player.
- Proven capacity to engage Nation Office leadership.
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Strong understanding of systems design and implementation protocols.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player.
- Good written and spoken English and French.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Work Environment/Travel :
- Work environment : Office-based with frequent travel to National offices and support offices.
- Travel : minimum of 35% International travel is required.
Apply Online For This Job