World Vision : Mobile Food Assistance Officer - Upper Nile
[ 23-11-2016 ]
Mobile Food Assistance Officer - Upper Nile
||Africa - South Sudan|
|Application Deadline Date :
||Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs|
||Fixed term, Full-time|
|International Role :
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
To lead and coordinate registration and distribution of food to conflict-affected population/food insecure population in different areas/locations within South Sudan.
The person should be ready to work in very remote and insecure locations of South Sudan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- To provide leadership in the food assistance program in the hard to reach areas within Upper Nile, Jonglei and Unity States through a mobile system.
- Plan and coordinate food/cash distribution activities in the location assigned by developing the operational plan and ensure its implementation and effectiveness.
- Plan and coordinate the preparation of dropping zone (ready to receive food through air drops). Ensure safe reception of the food. , Safeguard proper stacking of the food items, and, cover them with tarpaulins to minimize damage/losses.
- Manage food/cash program staff under his/her portfolio with support from Commodities Manager/Food Assistance Manager, and represent World Vision in any meetings related to food program as necessary.
- Ensure all forms and accounting requirement is in place for warehouse management and distribution as per Food Resources Manual/ Donors and or meets the audit standards.
- All forms and reports should be filed systematically for easy retrieval.
- Ensure humanitarian accountability system is in place, including functioning Community Help Desk and Food Assistance Committee at the field level.
- To consolidate all food assistance reports, ensure its accuracy and timely submission to the supervisors for review.
- Serve as WV focal point and leader for WFP and other donor during operation and at the coordination meetings.
- To lead the capacity building initiatives for the relevant staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Extensive exposure to food aid programs (minimum 3 years).
- Knowledge of the Sphere standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP) and other international humanitarian standards.
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring Commodities standards, Cash-Based Program standards and coordination and management of Food For Assets as defined and set out by Food Programme Management Group (FPMG).
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, preferably within WV context, specifically those that relate to food distributions, warehousing, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Knowledge of different capacity building initiatives.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet and Word programs.
- Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies.
- Must be willing to travel and a flexible approach to living conditions.
- Fluency in English is essential.
Working Environment/Travel :
- Work environment : This position will be roving.
- Travel : 30% domestic/international travels is required.
- On call : Available for communication with partners and colleagues from diverse time zones.
Apply Online For This Job
Articles dans la mme rubrique