World Vision : Food Assistance CFA/FFA Specialist/Team Lead - South Sudan
[ 23-11-2016 ]
Food Assistance CFA/FFA Specialist/Team Lead
||Africa - South Sudan|
|Application Deadline Date :
||Food Security & Livelihood|
||Fixed term, Full-time|
|International Role :
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
To provide leadership and technical support in project design, implementation, and management C/FFA projects under the Food Assistance Programme at zonal level. To provide the coordination and supervision of the Food Assistance Program with all modalities GFD/BSFP/TSFP/FFE/FFA/CFA within Greater Bahr Ghazal Zone.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Strategy development and Project management Entourage :
- Provide technical and operations support to all C/FFA projects being implemented under the Food Assistance Programme. In coordination with state-based teams provide,
- Technical guidance to C/FFA projects from design stage through implementation and close out of the projects. In coordination with programs team, lead CFA/FFA program design (log frame, narrative, and budget) based on the assessment results.
- Take leadership role and supervision of all food assistance modalities being implemented at zonal level i.e. GFD,FFE, BSFP,TSFP and IFP ensuring that these are implemented as per WVI and donor standards.
- Document success stories and show case FFA/CFA Projects and share the same with other stakeholders.
- Work in liaison with P&C in recruiting appropriate staff for cash and all other food projects. Build /strengthen the capacity of project staff in C/FFA and commodity management skills.
- Ensure the Accountability Framework is integrated in CFA and other food assistance projects paying specific attention to context-appropriate complaints and feedback mechanisms. Ensure minimum quality standards for sector and support improvement, reflection, learning and innovation.
- Provide the leadership of Food Assistance team in Greater Bahr Ghazal Zone and ensure that all administrative and P&C issues are addressed accordingly.
- Represent World Vision in all stakeholders meeting and ensure good relationship with Government, WFP and other partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- University degree or qualification in Agri business, Food Security, rural development, social science, other related field.
- 3-5 years proven experience in emergency programmes or social development with at least 2 years of that experience in cash and CFA programming.
- Strong project management background.
- Understanding of basic economics i.e. elasticity of demand and supply and substitution effects.
- Experience in working with clusters and working groups/community of practice an added advantage.
- Strong experience in managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of Arabic communication skills an added advantage.
- Ability to travel in country to all states and across the border for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation a must.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office).
Working Environment/Travel :
- Work environment : Fields-Based Staff.
- Travel : 20% domestic/international travels is required.
- On call : Available for communication with partners and colleagues from diverse time zones.
Apply Online For This Job
Articles dans la mme rubrique