Save The Children : CHIEF OF PARTY - NIGERIA
[ 22-11-2016 ]
CHIEF OF PARTY - NIGERIA
Location : Abuja, Nigeria
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date : Tuesday 29 November 2016
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives ; we fight for their rights ; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programs in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programs are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length : Till December 2018
Qualifications and experience
Academic : Advanced degree in public health or related field.
Working Experience :
- At least 10 years of experience in program management and administration, financial management, award contractual compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams. Five (5) of these years should be in child health and WASH programs of similar complexity.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a program that focuses on at least four of the following areas : diarrhea prevention and treatment ; social and behavioral change ; quality improvement/quality assurance ; and civil society capacity building, and WASH.
- Proven experience of managing large multi-million-pound budgets and management of risk and proven track record for achieving expected results on projects in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Experience working in developing countries in the health sector and successfully managing a high-pace multi-disciplinary team to achieve development results.
- Strong understanding of key principles of advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, child participation and accountability.
- Strong preference for prior experience as Chief of Party with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programs with multiple implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries.
- As demonstrated by experience, appropriate level of seniority to liaise with Government officials, Donor officials, University Professors and similar research leads, executives of NGOs, CSOs, the for-profit business community, and senior members of the Nigerian donor community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct staff while creating a positive team environment.
- Sound understanding of different methodologies of M&E and operational research and experience in developing integrated M&E and Learning systems ;
- Ability to present results and products to the donor and other key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the values, missions, aims and policies of Save the Children.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Works well with teams
- Conscious of child protection issues
- Non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
- Willingness to work in remote, rural locations
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Click Here To Apply