PATH : Laboratory Officer
[ 21-11-2016 ]
Tracking Code : 7705
***** This position is contingent upon donor funding ******
- Please note : PATH requests that you include a cover letter at the top of your uploaded resume attachment, describing your interest in the position and how your background and work experience qualify you for the role.
- To be considered for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and currently reside in DRC. Relocation and work permits will not be provided.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH and its project partners are currently implementing a seven-year integrated HIV/AIDS services program to reduce morbidity and mortality from, and transmission of HIV in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). PATH is seeking a Laboratory Officer, based in Kinshasa.
PATH is collaborating with DRC’ Ministry of Health, National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program, the National AIDS Control Program to support the scaling up of a coordinated response to Tuberculosis and Tuberculosis /HIV through the public and private sectors. We are currently seeking a Laboratory officer who will be based in Kinshasa. Specific responsibilities include :
- Preparation of laboratory reagents.
- Perform Tuberculosis smear microscopy and culture.
- Maintain cleanliness of the laboratory, glassware and equipment.
- Monitor and ensure the performance of quality Tuberculosis laboratory investigations and procedures.
- Keep record of laboratory investigations and procedures.
- Prepare quarterly report and data.
- Contribute to interpretation of experiments, and planning of research.
- Assist in development and writing of SOPs, training materials, and summarizing technical data for reports.
- Certificate in medical laboratory technology with three years of experience in laboratory services ; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic lab safety, pathogen handling, and aseptic technique.
- Good understanding of general laboratory practices.
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills
- Demonstrated success working in a project-milestone framework.
- Must be a team player with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and writing with fluency in English , French and Lingala
Job Location : Kinshasa, , Congo - Kinshasa
Company Location : DR Congo, Kinshasa
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Click Here To Apply