PATH : Communications Officer
[ 21-11-2016 ]
Tracking Code : 7584
PATH is an international, nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
The primary role of the Communications Officer is to lead the design and implementation of a robust communication agenda for the APP project in DRC that includes immunization and the Human African Trypanosomiasis (HAT). The communication officer will be responsible to carry out communication activities in support to the APP work plan in Kinshasa, Haut-Katanga and Tshopo. In collaboration with the Senior Advocacy and Policy Officer and the HAT officer, the communication officer will put in place communication strategies in relation to immunization and HAT for the APP program in DRC.
We seek to recruit a communication Officer based in Kinshasa who will work to the Expended Program of Immunization and HAT program communication teams to develop key messages related to immunization and HAT ; She/he will work close to the policy communication team in Washington and Seattle to ensure alignment with PATH’s communication approach including branding, storytelling.
Specific duties include :
- Establish and maintain an effective Internal Communication Strategy and External Outreach and Communications Policy and Strategy that will meet the goals and objectives of the APP project for immunization and HAT in DRC.
- Provide technical support and Assist the EPI communication and advocacy department to achieve communication objectives for immunization at the national level and provincial level.
- Work close to the EPI and the PNLTHA to Identify, develop, distribute and evaluate variety of media materials in multiple, appropriate formats. Ensure or enhance the quality, appropriateness of specific communication materials, activities, processes and messages transmitted to the press, partners and public.
- In collaboration with the PATH Policy communication team , ensure APP project success stories, case studies are share and published
- In collaboration with the HAT technical staff, provide support to the PNLTHA in updating/elaborating HAT elimination messages for communities.
- Provide assistance to prepare meetings, events, presentations and media interview that PATH is engaged to with the MoH including the EPI and the PNLTHA through the APP program
- Assist with the design and development of document and materials including flyers, banners for meetings and event related to the immunization and HAT within the APP program
- In collaboration with the EPI, assist in developing a framework of collaboration with local media in Kinshasa, Haut- Katanga and Tshopo for immunization and HAT activities.
- Manage the relationship between PATH and Media selected to work with the EPI and the PNLTHA
- Provide communication technical advices to the entire APP team in DRC
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capacity of partners through appropriate communication training, access to information, supplies and equipment and through knowledge sharing.
- Raise PATH visibility is DRC both the at national and provincial level in immunization and HAT sector as per internal communication policies
Required Skills and Experience
- General knowledge of communication management including Knowledge of theories and practices in communication research planning and strategy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expertise to create and maintain networks with relevant partners
- Demonstrated understanding of state of the art approaches and innovations in advocacy, social mobilization and communications.
- Experience in developing communication materials for diverse audiences, including drafting and producing a variety of advocacy/communication products - reports, fact sheets, summaries.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint or comparable software
- Highly flexible, excellent at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-cultural settings.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to Haut-Katanga and Tshopo
- Fluent in French and English both speaking and writing
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Communications, Behavior Change, Marketing, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with increasing responsibility in an advocacy or communication
- Strong experience with public health programming with emphasis and experience in maternal, child health and background in immunization programming preferred.
Job Location : Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Congo - Kinshasa
Company Location : DR Congo, Kinshasa
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Click Here To Apply
Articles dans la mme rubrique