MSI : Logistics/Administrative Assistant, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination Contract (MECC), Democratic Republic of the Congo
[ 21-11-2016 ]
Logistics/Administrative Assistant, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination Contract (MECC), Democratic Republic of the Congo
Project Summary :
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination Contract (MECC) is a five-year project to support USAID and DFID in multiple sectors in DRC. MECC has offices in Kinshasa, Bukavu, and Lubumbashi.
**Please note : Only Congolese citizens are eligible for this position**
Position Summary :
The Logistics/Administrative Assistant will be located in the Lubumbashi office of MECC and will provide support to the MECC project and its implementing partners. S/he will report to the Regional Coordinator/M&E Specialist in Lubumbashi as well as the Finance and Administrative Manager in Kinshasa.
Period of Performance :
The period of performance will be from November 23, 2016 – December 2020. MSI will issue a yearly contract per each completed year.
- The Logistics/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for :
- Working closely with the Regional Coordinator/M&E Specialist to provide operational support to all project activities.
- Interfacing with partners, subcontractors and the client as needed on operational concerns.
- Serving as the Security Focal Point for the Lubumbashi office, including ensuring Duty of Care and Security Plans for the program are shared with all team members and are adhered to as outlined in the procedures and protocols and that security protocols are updated.
- Providing monthly operational reports to the MECC in Lubumbashi and Kinshasa.
- Maintaining coordination protocols with local officials.
- Assisting in arranging project site visits for USAID, DFID, and/or DRC government officials and coordinating all MSI field visits for both long and short term staff, including facilitating booking of venues for accommodation, meals, conference facilities, and other related services.
- Ensure the asset inventory control and management, facilities management and transport.
- Foster close working relationship with the Admin/Finance Assistant to ensure that spend is in line with pipelines.
- Work closely with the security company to ensure the office security
- Supervising the MECC driver and arrange for additional transportation on an as-needed basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics management in DRC ; experience on donor funded programs preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word for professional tasks.
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors.
- Experience working with staff in multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a focus on Logistics and procurement preferable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Currently located in Lubumbashi or willing to relocate (no relocation allowance provided).
- Ability to travel to areas around Lubumbashi.
To apply : Please submit your CV with professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in your subject line the position you are applying for.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Articles dans la mme rubrique