MSI : Comptable, USAID/DRC Solutions for Peace and Recovery, République Démocratique du Congo
[ 21-11-2016 ]
Accountant, USAID/DRC Solutions for Peace and Recovery, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Project Summary :
The goal of the Solutions for Peace and Recovery (SPR) program, to be implemented in eastern DRC (North Kivu and South Kivu), is to increase social cohesion through inclusion of women and marginalized groups. SPR will also provide USAID/DRC with the ability to respond to dynamic, time-sensitive, and/or unique opportunities to reinforce peace, prevent or assist in the recovery from conflict in areas that are strategically important to the stability of eastern DRC.
**This position is reserved for DRC citizens**
Position Summary :
MSI is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a long-term accountant position for an anticipated five-year USAID funded project in support of peace and recovery in the eastern DRC. The anticipated Solutions for Peace and Recovery (SPR) project is intended to find solutions to specific drivers of conflict identified by community stakeholders, implement participatory solutions, and allocate resources for community development. This position will be based in Bukavu, DRC.
- Responsible for input, tracking, and maintenance of project accounting systems through Quickbooks.
- Maintain and manage field accounts, under the direction of the Finance and Compliance Manager.
- Prepare and track project budgets and budget projections.
- Ensure that USAID rules and regulations in the area of financial management, procurement, and compliance are followed.
- Manage project bank accounts, reconciles monthly accounts and bank statements ; submits receipts and invoices to HQ and USAID as required ;
- Review vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with contractor and USAID policies, procedures, rules and regulations ;
- Conduct financial aspects of grants management with local partners, as well as assist with the financial management of subcontracts and consultants.
- Assist with production of project financial reporting to client as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with MSI Home Office accounting department to assist with client voucher development.
- Maintain complete and accurate financial records for project reporting purposes, working with the Finance and Compliance manager to ensure that financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with the operations and logistics officer to ensure that field office costs are appropriately managed.
- Manage the project petty cash fund.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as appropriate.
- University degree in a relevant field preferred, with experience in accounting for similar projects financed by donors, with demonstrated experience in funds management for international organizations or NGOs, etc.
- Demonstrated capability to work effectively with senior and local government officials, civil society organizations (including women’s and minority groups), district government representatives, public interest and community groups, and private industry representatives.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID rules and regulations in the areas of financial management, procurement, compliance, grants management and results reporting.
- Experience working in the DRC, particularly in North and South Kivu.
- Experience working with QuickBooks software strongly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms required.
- Outstanding communication, management, and reporting skills.
- Fluency in written and oral French required ; working knowledge of English and/or Kiswahili strongly desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Click Here to Apply
Articles dans la mme rubrique