MSI : Chargé des Operations et Logistiques, USAID/DRC Solutions for Peace and Recovery, République Démocratique du Congo
[ 21-11-2016 ]
Operations & Logistics Officer, USAID/DRC Solutions for Peace and Recovery, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Project Summary :
The goal of the Solutions for Peace and Recovery (SPR) program, to be implemented in eastern DRC (North Kivu and South Kivu), is to increase social cohesion through inclusion of women and marginalized groups. SPR will also provide USAID/DRC with the ability to respond to dynamic, time-sensitive, and/or unique opportunities to reinforce peace, prevent or assist in the recovery from conflict in areas that are strategically important to the stability of eastern DRC.
**This position is reserved for DRC citizens**
Position Summary :
MSI is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a long-term operations and logistics officer position for an anticipated five-year USAID funded project in support of peace and recovery in the eastern DRC. The Solutions for Peace and Recovery (SPR) project is intended to find solutions to specific drivers of conflict identified by community stakeholders, implement participatory solutions, and allocate resources for community development. This position will be based in Bukavu, DRC.
- Responsible for the logistical administration of project activities, to include vehicle operations, event scheduling and planning, and other operations as necessary for day-to-day project functioning.
- Responsible for ensuring project procurement files are kept up-to-date, in conjunction with the project accountant. Procurement files will also include numbering of all project purchases, as appropriate.
- Maintenance of project inventory, ensuring proper numbering of inventory, branding, and proper inventory upkeep and disposal, as necessary.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Finance and Compliance Manager to on project travel, including on travel to Kinshasa, between Goma and Bukavu, or elsewhere.
- Other responsibilities may be directed by the Chief of Party or her designee.
- Support administrative and logistical activities. Organize and archive information, as needed, related to project function and administration.
- Perform errands in support of assigned projects, such as banking, post office deliveries or pickups, project purchases or other miscellaneous tasks.
- Coordinate office drivers’ and taxi drivers’ schedules, including tracking and equally distributing long-distance trips. Checking drivers’ mileage logs.
- Support organization of event logistics and planning, as well as maintain a file of any related approval documentation.
- Perform follow up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other communications.
- Arrange hotel reservations and transportation for project activity teams.
- Support procurement actions of office supplies and materials (e.g., for workshops) and ensure an adequate supply of office materials (paper, toner, stationary, cleaning substances, toiletries etc.) for the day-to-day running of the office.
- Work closely with IT support of office host organizations in Goma and Bukavu to ensure optimal functioning of all IT systems and equipment.
- Any other assignments which as determined by the Chief of Party, DCOP, or Finance and Compliance Manager.
- University degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to work effectively with senior and local government officials, civil society organizations (including women’s and minority groups), district government representatives, public interest and community groups, and private industry representatives.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID rules and regulations in the areas of financial management, procurement, compliance, grants management and results reporting.
- Experience working in the DRC, particularly in North and South Kivu.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms required.
- Outstanding communication, management, and reporting skills.
- Fluency in written and oral French required ; working knowledge of English and/or Kiswahili strongly desired.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Click Here to Apply
Articles dans la mme rubrique